Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diesels forever (runs without spark!)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    Sorry this is not blazer related, but you guys are about our last resort. My buddies 86 cheep cherokee has 3.4L out of a camaro that we rebuilt. (replaced the factory chevy 2.8) It has a decent sized cam and edelbrock upper and lower intake, along with a 390 cfm Holley 4barell. Heads and pistons are stock so we dont have any real high compression going on. He had some problems with it diesiling a couple of times for a few seconds untill the other day when we were driveing down the street and all of sudden it acts like the throttle is stuck at 2000 rpm. We pull over to find out that the trottle is not stuck and when we turn the key off and pull the coil wire it keeps running. Its obviously getting really really hot in those combution chambers, and the plugs show it. We dont have a timeing gun up here at school so we have not checked that yet. (If timeing were the problem wouldnt it only diesel for a few seconds) I did not find any huge vacume leaks yet either, but dont rule it out. What about the power valve in the Holley? Please let me know what ya think ASAP so i have a buddy to pull out when i go 4 wheeling.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like severe carbon build up and a major fuel leak.

"I'm looking for a Dana60 Front Axle.." I asked, "You wish! HAHA" the wrecker replied! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.echobit.com:81/k5/> Pictures</a>