Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diff carrier

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Me89'Jimmy, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

does anyone know how to get the guts out of a gov lock carrier? The only way i can see it being done is for everything to come out the one side where the those two rods are. I have no idea what theyre called but the rod on the left has teeth at the bottom of it and it spins the clutch pack, and halfway up there is some thing, no idea what its called either, but its got a spring inside of it, and partially unfolds. The other seems to just hold the block thats between all the gears. its got an external retention spring on it but i dont know what for.
    Great description i know. I tried pounding out the two rods from the top but that didnt work, would it be a better bet to just go get one thats not a pos gov lock? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Yes, it would. There was a Detroit for a 10 bolt for sale on the board not too long ago...do a search and see if you can find it

3. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

gotcha, thanks bud