Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diff Covers, Screaming Deals, new options available....

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by Gravel Maker, May 14, 2006.

1. Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker 1/2 ton status Vendor

You may not have noticed we have lowered prices for them. We have been getting a very serious demand for them (I think its because we are the only ones making them 3/8" thick!) and quantities like these allow us to lower the prices. We still are selling mostly Kits to shops but fully welded covers are catching up.....

This is one of the covers we just gave away but it looks so good powdercoated that I think it will be our official advertising cover! Next to it is a samle of the Kit so you can really see how thick they are!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

We only make these in a 3/8" thick model, it only costs' us $2 more than if we made it out of 1/4" so why bother with 1/4" at all? We also make these exclusively from A50 Plate, it is much denser than 1020 Mild Steel so it will take much more abuse and again, it isn't really that much more to make them that way so why not? Think about drain plugs and the problems we have with them in the rocks. We have come up with the simplest and tucked away Drainplug possible.

One of the most important features is that we weld our covers inside and out and then machine them flat, dosen't everyone? The answer to that simple question is NO, we are still the only maker of diff covers that takes the time & expense to machine the cover flat! It does make a difference......

[​IMG]

The prices are:

Dana 44 Welded, $100, Kit $70 Ring $31
    Dana 60 Welded, $110, Kit $81 Ring $37
    14 Bolt Welded, $119, Kit $89 Ring $42

We also offer the Toyota FJ40/55/60, D30, D35, Chrysler 8.25, & the Ford 8.8, More Coming .....

New Options:
    Drain Plug, $5
    Countersunk Holes, $10

OH!:o Did I forget to mention that the CK510 10% discount is good on these and anything we sell? My bad:D, and that shipping is only $10 because we can fit 2 in a USPS Flat Rate Box!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

When , and if they come with 12 bolt holes , I just may . My stocker is plated over the ring gear , and due to my last trip out , I may need more than that :D

3. Gravel Maker

Its' on the list.....

Or you can go big with a 14 Bolt!

4. Gravel Maker

My best estimate......

After looking through all our production scheduling, my best estimate for 10 and 12 bolt covers is 4.5 - 6 weeks. We are not forgetting about these, they just have a place in line.

We do alot of OEM work too and is can really mess up the schedule when a big company wants to roll out some complex prototypes.....makes me work 16 hour days for months at a time sometimes.....

I think the bikini work is much more to my liking.....

5. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I dig your covers, that is quality material you are using. are you welded covers shiped unpainted? I would want it unpainted so I could do some mods to it.

6. Gravel Maker

They are unpainted......

Mod away....What are you planning on welding to it?

7. rdn2blazer

I was thinking of welding short thick wall to dom tube around the lower few bolt holes to creat a counter bore so the heads dont get beat to hell. my bud just sugested doing something like the bead lock domes similar to what OMF uses on there bead lock wheels that bolt under the head of the bolt to protect the head that are counter bored. but obviously make them out of steel. I know there is not much room for that more then likely though. so I probably would weld the tube.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Do a small counterbore and run button head cap screws on the lower holes...

Rene

9. rdn2blazer

yea, I thought about that too but the steel button heads rust easy and SS ones round out easy with an allen not even over torqueing them. I would like to have the same tool to remove all the bolts if necessart too. I bought the ARP 12 point grade 8 rated SS bolts for my Crane 14 cover but they still stick out just enough to take a beating. I was hoping by being smaller in diameter that they would recess lower the the surface of the cover, but they dont. the Cranes come with steel button head bolts and ofcourse they will rust in no time. so I may do both with this cover, C' bore it a bit and weld rings around the holes for protection. if I C'bore them it will allow the rings to be shorter a bit atleast. I know, I know, way too much tech for just a cover, just bolt it up right. lol

how do I get the CK5 discount when ordering, just say Im a member?

10. Gravel Maker

How to get the discount......

In the checkout process there is a point where you have the box for discount or coupon code, plug in CK510 and you get a 10% discount! Pretty easy, just remember the code, tatoo it on something...

11. Gravel Maker

Had about 30 CK5 members buy covers so far....

Show us some pics.....after all, these could be considered cheap in everyway but quality.....Made in the US out of US steel.

12. Gravel Maker

Got the website pics fixed.....

now you can see the weld quality, these are top tier covers.....

[​IMG]

you be the judge.....

13. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

got any 12 bolt covers?

14. Gravel Maker

Watch for them.....

We will have them in the next ~6-8 weeks. We are working on 2 designs a week, 11 more coming....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  15. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

will my $50 prize cover the cost?

16. Gravel Maker

$50 of it anyway.....

I can't tell you what they will cost until the development of the cover is done. They are actually pretty big in comparison to some. We're gonna do another giveaway starting in about a week so maybe you can win the second half of the cover!

17. Gravel Maker

I am melting.....

Today we welded 76 covers, I was running hot steel all day and I need several cold ones, come and get the hot ones.....

18. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Those covers look beefy as hell. Are they any larger capacity than stock? I'm interested in a front D60 cover and just want to make sure that it will clear the factory location tie-rod and eventually a 1.5" tie-rod.

19. Gravel Maker

They clear the ring gear by 1/8".....

By virtue of being squared off and not stamped in a mold they have a higher oil capacity but by staying close to the ring gear you are only adding ~1/4" if the factory cover is 1/8" thick (it is, more or less 1/8"). So, yes it should fit without a problem.....

20. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Cool, soon i will place an order for a D60 cover. I first need to find a RockLogic 1.5" x 8" ram.