Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diff. in 1/2 ton and 1 ton springs

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by willyswanter, May 16, 2002.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Are the lengths different from the 1/2 and 3/4 ton rear springs and the 1 ton rear springs? More to the point, will the skyjacker 88-98 style 5" rear springs fit the back of a 1 ton?

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

1/2 tons are 52" and some 3/4are 52" and some 3/4 are 56" and all 1 tons are 56"

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure they are all 63" long on all the IFS trucks, the one-tons just have more leafs added to increase the spring rate (stock).

If Skyjackers 5" kit is anything like thier 3" kit, it seems like it's allmost stock spring arch except they added one more short leaf to the pack and increased the thickness of the over-load spring to nearly an inch. (thats on the 3" kit, I don't know about the 5" inch pack)

I would think the 1/2 spring pack would fit a 1-ton, but it might loose some height.
    I bet Sky-jacker would have the correct spring for one-tons in stock.

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks for the info. The 52 and 56" springs are on the older, non IFS trucks. I just wasn't sure how it was on the IFS rigs. I'll shoot skyjacker an email and ask about it. I would rather have a higher load rated spring for the back, I'm going to run air bags to raise the load carying capacity back up anyway. Anyway, thanks for the info.