Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diff protection

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rockink5, Oct 1, 2002.

1. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Alright here's the deal, I have a 14bff in my Blazer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I shaved about 3/4" off the bottom, and now I have a problem with peeling the cover off on rocks. I have been trying to come up with some kind off skidplate/rockring combo, but I am having no luck coming up with a design that I think that will work. I've seen the Avalanche ring they make, but I am not completely sold on the design. Does anybody have any pics of what the built/bought to solve this problem. I know I'm not the first to do this and have this problem /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Help would be appreciated, since i'm tired of having to hammer my cover back flat on the side of a trail /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Here is a couple of picts of the cover I have almost finished. I got some skid plate picts in the members gallery too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Thats a 10K fork truck
    [​IMG] This should hold up to the rocks I think. 3/16 plate with a 2 x 3/8 thick ring gear protector.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

DANG! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Shhhhwinggg!!!!

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

DAMN! that's beefy! Hmmmmmm Might have to do that with my 12bolt. Right now I have a pice of 1/4 inch plate around the bottom of the covver on the bottom bolts. Solved the pealing the lip problem but I have a few dings in the cover.

6. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

When are ya gonna make me one??????? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif