Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diff Question ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SWAMPRNR, Nov 9, 2001.

1. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

Will 1 ton diffs out of a 78 pickup bolt into my 82k5 with out many problems ? How to tell the difference between 3/4 ton and 1 ton. Owner says they are 1 ton but he is not sure and i havent had a chance to go look at them yet.but there free so im not complaining

<font color=red>A BIG HAMMER CAN FIX ANYTHING.... </font color=red>[​IMG]

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

They'll bolt right on. [​IMG]

A Dana 44 or 10-bolt front axle will have 3 bolts holding the steering arm to the knuckle. A Dana 60 will have 4-bolts holding the steering arm to the knuckle.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

3/4 ton will, but I think you have to move the spring perches and shock mounts on the one ton stuff.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yep, I was thinking about the front. For the rear, if it is indeed a 1-ton, then you have to move the spring perches and perhaps the shock mounts. A 45 minute job for a decent welding shop. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...