Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diff quik fix

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dleroy43, Dec 10, 2002.

1. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have an exploded govloc 10blt with half of the diff missing. does anyone know of a quick fix for kepping the axle shafts from falling out to get me about a 20 slow min away to a garage with a welder and open past 5 to get the 14ff perches rewelded\ installed. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> A trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Since you are replacing it anyways it sounds just take the axle shafts out and put in 4x4 and drag yourselft there /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

cheap trick in 4 wheeeler was to bind a tree(they used) or a 2x4 to the frame and then the rear bumper. it rubbed but it didnt pop the tire and kept it from walking out.

nathan

5. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I remember seeing that. I guess that would work too..... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

put the spyder gear on, if you have it, and put the c-clip on, duct tape, or, you could just put a big peice of metal washer or somthing that fits just right around the axle tube, and put the c-clip on it. lol yea, i blew my gov-loc, but all that happend is my case cracked in one spot and caused the spyders to jump around. some of the teeth were mashed, it was ugly, i put a 12 bolt with an open diff in it, got it for free, it was a good deal . or one other thing you could do is just put it in 4wheel drive, maybe take off the rear driveshaft, if you can. without looseing alot of T-case lube, and just keep an eye on the axle, and if it does start to come out, jack it up and push it back in, might be a long mind bending process, but it might work.good luck on the swap. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif