Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diff swaps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shawnboy, Jul 3, 2001.

1. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

I am swaping the 10 bolt corps from my 1990 K5. A buddy wants the old ones for his Suburban(no idea why). I don't think they'll work . The Blazer is a V truck while the 'Burban is RV. Will this make a differance?
    Shawnboy.

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

As long as the sub' is an '91 or older, they should bolt right in. With the exception of the longer frame, body, and a few other odds and ends, the Subs and Blazers are pretty much identical.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, those parts are very easily interchangable. The major difference between the Blazer and Sub is the body tub itself and the rear springs. Rear springs on Subs are 56" long whereas the Blazers use 52" springs. Everything else is very swappable.

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I agree with 6.2 and wanted ot add that the '90 10 bolts had 30 spline axles front and rear which would add a little strength if he was swapping out older 28 spline 10 bolts.

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</A>