Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Differance in T cases

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BNeu, May 9, 2004.

1. BNeu

BNeu Registered Member

I was told i have to find a T case that matches my 700R4, How do I tell the differance between the cases if there already out of the truck and just laying in the JunkYard in a trailer. Will there be a differnt serial code/ number on them? I found a 208 but dont know if it will work.

-Bryan-

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well you could try and count the input gear splines. The output on a 700R4 has 27 splines, the input on a 208 has either 27 or 32, 27 being the more common of the 2. The 32 spline units go behind TH400s and SM465s. You need to find a Tcase with a 27 spline input. As for codes or anything I can't help you there. I just remember what Tcase came from what trans and such when I have them sitting around.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here's an easy way to point you in the right direction, only look for aluminum cases....A cast iron case never came behind a th700R4. When you find a 208 or 241 chances are that it came from behind a 700 but count the splines to make sure.

FYI. since you are looking, I would find a 241 instead of a 208 because they have a lower low range, better oiling system, and are slightly stronger.