Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Differant Dana 60's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, May 21, 2001.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Differant Dana 60\'s?

I was talking to a guy who says that he has a few Dana 60's but only one with the spring loaded king pins. He says the others he has are dana 60's but have a regular style ball joint. Is this true I didnt know that such a thing existed? He also says that he has a front end with huge hubs and a cover with 6 bolts that holds it on (similar to a 14 bolt)?? What front end is that?? Thanks

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Differant Dana 60\'s?

Those D60's with the ball joints are the newer axles on the Dodges and Fords. Not real sure on the years, though. I never pay much attention to Dodge or Ford, but I am definitely positive those ball joint axles are those. The GM D60 was only available in king pin up to 91 in the V-series trucks.

BTW, not sure of the other front that was similar to the 14 bolt. Never heard of anything like this.

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Re: Differant Dana 60\'s?

That front end you're speaking of is probably a Dana 70 closed knuckle. Pretty much worthless...make a good anchor!!

ken