Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

difference between 69-72 blazer and jimmy?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tp85, Mar 18, 2002.

1. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

In trying to expand my buying search a little, I was wondering what is the difference between a blazer and jimmy (69-72)? I searched the board, and it seems that some of the parts are not interchangeable between the blazer and jimmy. Is this true? I imagine the blazer parts are easier to find?

I just don't want to end up with a jimmy if the parts are much more difficult to find.
    Thanks,
    Tom

2. MRBIGBLOCK

MRBIGBLOCK 1/2 ton status

basicly only diference is the tail gate and front sheetmetal. the gmc grilles are very hard to find!!!! u can buy a new chevy grille for like $300-400, i saw a new gmc grille on epay for like $2000.00

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

TP,

For some other interesting trivia on the 1st Gens.....do a keyword search in this forum on the word "QUIZ".....we had a thread a while back about all the subtle changes that happened in those first 4 years of the Blazer.....good reading!

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif