Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Difference between lifts ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerboy72, Mar 1, 2003.

1. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

Difference between lifts ?\'s

Is there any difference between a suburban, truck and blazer lift? On 4wheelparts. com they all have the same part number but the blazer lift is 535.95 while the sub lift is only 482.95. i just wanted to know if there is any difference before i order the cheapest one.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: Difference between lifts ?\'s

A little warning light went off in my head when I read your post in regards to buying the cheapest lift. In suspension lifts, you get what you pay for. Maybe you're not too picky about ride quality, but consider yourself warned.
    Now, on to the question: there isn't any difference in the kits. The kits for a suburban/blazer ('73-91) and pickup ('73-87) are interchangeable. Well, except for one minor detail - you'll find a lot of suburbans (even 1/2 tons) have 56" long rear springs as opposed to a blazer's 52". But, that difference wouldn't come into play unless you are buying a system with new rear springs. Even at that though, that doesn't explain why the price for the suburban kit is less.

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I'd be a little nervous about the quality of the cheapest lift. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Let me suggest something. Call ORD and ask them to put together a lift kit for you at whatever lift you're wanting. Use the shaclke flip in the rear.

5. blazerboy72

I went and ordered the one for the blazer. I wasnt ordering the cheapest lift just the cheapest one of the same thing if that makes any sense at all.

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

thats what I thought you were doing when I read your post...what brand/size did you end up going with ???

7. blazerboy72

8" skyjacker that may be to much but i will just have to wait and see /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif