Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

difference??? im confused?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, Feb 24, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

wow i am kinda confused, what is the difference between a "posi" rear end and a "locker" rear end? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifcuz i know my rear end has neither but i want to get one.. which is better ?? please help!

2. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I may not say this correctly, but. A locker will not allow either wheel to spin slower than the ring gear. when making a turn the outer wheel will spin faster. A limited slip "GM posi" sends a percentage of torque from the wheel that slips to the other. if the wheel is up in the air spinning freely the other will receive a percentage of 0 which is 0 and will not spin. A locker however will divide the torque evenly regardless of the traction of either tire. I use a locker in the rear of my truck, my cars have limited slip. hope this helps.

3. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

hey thanx..i kept hearing all kinds of different stuff and urs sounds better then everybody else i heard..thanx

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

basically LS sends power to wheel slipping, LS is the same thing as posi and they both send power through clutch disc carrier system, and lockers send power to both always- locked