Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

difference in doubler adaptors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Nov 14, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i was wondering if there was a difference in doubler adaptors between fords and chevy cases. i know fords use 31spline, and chevy is 32spline, i just mean the actual adaptor itself. all ford 205 cases are round pattern right. so if ive got a round chevy 205, could i use a ford adaptor? found one for a decent deal, and was just curious. thanks

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

any ideas? only reason i ask is because ive got a chevy 205 with ford 31spline input, and if a ford adaptor would work i could save a good bit of money vs. buying a new doubler adaptor.

3. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I do believe that the round bolt pattern is not symetrical....meaning the chevy might not bolt to the ford as it could be drilled the obosite way. Oh and I suck at spelling. You might want to search/post on pirate.

4. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The round 6 pattern is off on two of the holes. Find the thread on 4l80 2wd to 4wd, it's 20-some pages, there was a pic in there of the two adaptors, and shows the difference. Not sure of the clocking diff either.

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

yeah hes right... the patterns are mirrored. i dont see why you can have it remachined though