Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Difference in Plug Wires (HEI vs. Points)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bobsurf, Jul 16, 2002.

1. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

What is the major difference in HEI vs. Points style plug wires? I was looking at the different sets of Taylor Spiro Pros on Summit.

Gracias in advance

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

The way they plug into the cap...

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

My neighbor accross the street works for http://www.nology.com/ which makes spark plug wires with built in capacitors. They store the spark energy untill it reaches ionization and then release it, supposably 300 times more powerful. The Nology wires are pricey but having an "in" helps. I'd like to eval a set and see if they are really all that.

4. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

HOLY MACKEREL, I went and checked out the list price! $349??? I might get one for my lawnmower, it's a little cheaper for one bangers.

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Haha, thats exactly what I told them! If plug wires were like heads and lasted a good 100,000 miles I would spend the extra money no problem but not on a regularly replaced item unless I was bracket racing or something justifiable. The guy said they have a lifetime warranty though... so I'm going to go find the fine print, header boots and all!

6. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Nology are the hot ticket on the Porsches...

OEMs (any really) are $225... so Nology's are a "good" price! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

If you have an in, I am interested in a set of the Nology's for my P-car. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif