Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Difference in TCI rebuild kits?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Feb 21, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I am getting ready to buy a tranny rebuild kit for my 700r4 from TCI and was on their site an came across the "Truck Master Kit". Has anybody ever heard of this? I was planning on buying the Pro Super Kit which apparently contains the same pieces used to build the Street Fighter tranny...Which should I go with? Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

If I remember correctly all the base contents of the kits are the same. O-rings, seals, gaskets, clutches, etc, etc.
    The the difference I think is in the valve body companents and the servo area. What year is your tranny?
    If its pre-86 I think, I would look into getting the HD replacment "hard parts". IE, such as the sprag assembly and a couple of other items. Again, I cant remember all that info.
    I have the Street Fighter, with the recommended hard part updates, and Im running the truck master Tow/RV torque Convertor. I'll let you know how it holds up if I can ever get everything together at one time. Waiting on headers right now.
    Just call them at TCI, they are very helpfull, or at least they were. I know someone has purchased them. It may be Comp or Crane cams or something like that. Good luck!

Its the popping, rumbling, roaring, twisting, flexing, grinding, so you can wheel anywhere medicine[​IMG]