Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Different headers/manifolds on aftermarket heads???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tj_k5, Apr 5, 2004.

1. tj_k5

tj_k5 Registered Member

OK, so after spitting a valve into my piston, it was time to build a new engine. I picked up a pre-87 350 and stroked it to a 383 and put Dart 2 angle plug heads. Being that I just slapped brand new custom exhaust on my K5, I wanted to use my old engine's manifolds.

So I go to slap the manifolds on and the stock 350 ones wont fit!?! The new heads have the exhaust ports too close together or far away (I can't remember which). Anybody have experience with this? Will I be able to buy a set of headers that will bolt right on? Thanks ahead of time for your help!

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I had a set of angle plug heads on my 1972... there are very few headers that will fit with them... Hooker makes a set, I got mine for $110.00, but I believe you can use the early stock ram-horn exhaust with them also.

-Ryan

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I haven't ever run into the problem you describe. Angle plug heads can be a pain. I've got a set of Edelbrock angle plugs and ended up going with a set of Thorley's and using a shorter plug to get the needed clearance. Let us know how this one plays out.