Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Different kind of Ruby pictures and that Lump I found

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jun 13, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Alright bathed her and took some pictures of the lump I found on her belly. Rest of the pictures are of the kind you rarely see of her. Close things usually only I see.

On the left side of her in the picture is the lump. You can see the difference in sides. Its between the size of a nickel and a quarter. Really does have me worried. Oh you get to see her tail which is a rare thing for you guys.
    [​IMG]

Just a size picture of Ruby.
    [​IMG]

Evil little girl. You can see the lump yet again. It is really larger than it looks in these pictures.
    [​IMG]

Just a close picture of her.
    [​IMG]

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Take her in to the vet if you can afford it. Probably set you back about 70.00 but it's cheap peace of mind.

I gotta get a hedgehog.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm going to, I'm going home for a week, not next week but the following, going to call this week and setup an appointment. money is no object when it comes to Ruby. Yes I would spend a lot of money to insure her health. Even if it meant postponing my projects. Shes doing fine so far.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Keep me posted, let me know if you need a donation.

5. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Are you sure Ruby is a girl?? not to be funny or anything, but I've never seen hedgehog "jumblies" but that sure looks like a fair set.... unless that's her tail. Either way, take the little one to the vet... In fact, I'll get you a link to an Exotic Animal vet... Honestly bro... if you are a member of this site (CK5) and not a member of THIS site... I have to say there is something wrong with you... I am a member of at least one forum for each of the animals I currently own... that is very specific to those animals... While you guys are admiring my handiwork in finding vets for Sled Dog to check out, look HERE to see some pictures of my favorite marsupials...

By the way, if anyone wants a pair of brother Sugar Gliders, I'm looking for a new home for them... I don't have time to play with them at night anymore...

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

SledDog, a few qualifying questions for you...

how long have you had Ruby??

has Ruby ever met another hedgehog??

I didn't do my homework, are hedgehogs placental mammals or marcupials?

It's very possible (if they are marcupials and she has met a boy hedgie) that Ruby is just pregnant...

7. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Pecker ?

Is that Ruby or Ruben ?

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:screwy: :yikes:

man, just read the website that PheonixZorn posted and was curious which other states were illegal. read PA and noticed homes have been raided like drug busts. that's just too extreme of an action for a hedgehog, IMO.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

There are articles about people in Philadelphia starting a Hedgehog Underground Railroad. Its crazy.

Yes Ruby is absolutely a girl, Boys have their junk in the middle of their stomach. It looks like a belly button. And yes that is her tail. Hedgehogs are placcental creatures but its been about 2 years since Ruby saw another Hedgehog and they didn't get along at all.

I'm not a member of their forum but should be. I read that site and others cosntantly relearning info about them.

I have a very good vet with lots of Hedgehog experience(and doesn't care that they are illegal), but its back home in Quakertown(other side of the state). So I won't be able to get there for another 2 weeks.