Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Different Seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nathanf14, Oct 31, 2000.

1. nathanf14

nathanf14 Newbie

Can I get some ideas for replacing my stock front seats? My girlfreind says they're too flat and don't have that nice wraparound feel. I guess that's what I'm looking for. Something like Recaros but without the price. Anybody heard of something like this? Anybody had any success using seats out of a late model? Thanks for any suggestions.

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Well if you are going to go with anything other than original seats you will need to have some custom bracketry. I would go after some captains chairs from a conversion van or some sport seats from a Mustang. See what seats your girlfriend likes and then find a close match in the wrecking yard. Other than that check out what steel horse has got to offer. Hope this helps.

3. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

i picked up a set of 95 acura integra seats for $150 at a bone yard and they are wrap around style and comfy but needs custom brackets

<font color=orange>SMP</font color=orange>

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i went all out, i ordered a set from salesco, my wife wasnt too happy about the price....but i explained that this was all for her....hehehehehe...i hope they are nice.
    Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

5. DOUGHBOY

DOUGHBOY Registered Member

I PULLED SOME OUT OF A MURKER(EAGLE)AND TO TOP IT OFF THEY ARE HEATED.I GOT THEM FOR 40 BUCKS REAL GOOD SHAPE

guns dont kill postal workers do.
    CENTRAL ILLINOIS

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey, I have a set of Rotating Captains chair that I'm selling. They are brand new, never been used or installed. It has a rotating feature that allows you to swivel your seat around in the truck, easy to get in and out and just plain cool. I would've put this into my truck, but I need money right now, so I have to sell it. Email me if you're interested and I'll give you more details. theboss@98rockmail.com

[​IMG]

http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

7. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I did a lot of searching for a set of front bucket seats and found a set out of a 95 Ford Windstar van (all powered) that bolted right in (had to drill two holes on the passenger side). Lost the flip up capability for the pax side, but that's their problem. I step over the middle to get to the back if I need to.

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Flofits are another option, cheaper than Recaro (by quite a bit) and I love mine. Came with the exact fit mounting base, total cost delivered was around $800. Guess it depends on what you want to spend........with the Flofits you can get the color match you want. You can see them on my website, click below.

Got them from Seat Source 909-343-9430 in Riverside, CA., Tim was the dude I dealt with. Give them a call, might have something else less expensive to look at.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

9. James

James 1/2 ton status

BlazzinOR
    800.00 for the pair? Looke awsome. Just want to know if they sit at the same height as the original seats?
    Peace
    James

10. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Try Arizona Van Co. I got mine there they are awesome. only paid about 750? they are custom captains and the center console flips up to a third seat. you pick your own fabric and they send them to you door. they mount on one track all of them move individualy you can also get them with lumbar adj. they give a great warranty (i know) the install was simple they just bolted to the front factory holes and you drill 2 holes for the rear.a full day of weelin is like sittin on your couch.

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

They sit at the same height if you want them too, that is one of the other neat features about them, they adjust in height also. Not while you are sitting in them, but when you install them you have choices of three height adjustments front and back, so you can try one for a while, and change it if you want more tilt or whatever.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

12. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Sewfine is a company that has some nice seats. They even have them for our application. (passenger tilt). They even use our rear seat in there catolog.

13. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

What is sewfine's address or phone number or whatever?

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

14. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Mine has seats from a '99 2DR Tahoe and they are really nice. They were in there when I bought my truck, but I can tell he had to drill 2 holes on each side of the floor. They are really comfortable and they have I think 6-way power. I have the console too. The seats don't exactly match the back seats but they are close. I think my interior is either light blue or gray. Its really hard to tell for some reason. I'll probably recover the back seats to match the fronts when i get some money...

90K5

15. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

you want seats like your girlfriend? anyway here's what i got out of a '98 suburban. they are leather and the driver's seat has 6-way power w/lumbar. cost me $450 with the console. if you want real wraparound seats buy you a couple of Lay-Z-Boy's and throw them in.

i didn't need any extra brackets for these seats. i just drilled new holes.

here's where you can find the pics for my seats.

http://home.earthlink.net/~philmo1/seat1.jpg
    http://home.earthlink.net/~philmo1/seat2.jpg

phil

16. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I've got a pair of buckets from a '91 prelude. They came in the truck when I bought it but I think the guy said he paid $100 to someone who was parting out their honda for the seats and a tape deck. They're not power but they are comfortable and will keep your butt in the seat real good. It looks like he had to drill a few holes in the seat frame but was able to retain the mouting brackets from the original blazer seats. And the passenger side seat retains its flip forward ability so passengers can get into the back.

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

17. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Mine has seats out of a VW rabbit, mid eighties. both flip forward and recline, did have to do some drilling and used the stock belts.

18. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have Cavalier seats that I got for $40 at a swap meet. I used these things called Hammerheads (slotted aluminum stock) to mount them. They're a little crooked (looking at them from the back) so when I build my S&W cage, I'll make seat mounts that are part of the cage.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

19. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

20. keith

keith 1/2 ton status