Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Differnces in 4l80e

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PsRumors, Feb 4, 2007.

1. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

I can't find it but I am sure I once read that there are two version of the 4l80e in the '90s. What are they and which is better or prefered?

2. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

There is a slight case change I think in '94. Also, the ones backing a diesel have a seperate computer to run than the TBI harness in the gas version. Sorry if this does not help, wasn't sure what you were looking for.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

91-93 bad harness in valve body easy update tho.

and 96-97ish moved 1 cooler line to rear of tranny case for better flow of hot fluid to cooler.

4. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

Great. Thanks for the info.

5. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

make sure you match the case's up for what vehicle it is, i made this honest mistake about a week ago after having it all rebuilt and everything and bolted to the block... bad carma i guess... your looking at the mounts for your eutral safety switch aka manual lever position sensor and the mounts for the shifter bracket.. also make sure of cooler lines and stuff like that cause there is two different ones..... Nate