Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

difficult trails in big bear area?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ChickenRammit, Nov 23, 2006.

1. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i plan on going wheelin tomorrow in the san bernardino mtns near big bear and was wondering if theres any good spots up highway 38 close to angeles oaks or anywhere up the 38 for that matter. i've done holcomb creek area too many times and want to find something new. i'm pretty sure i've seen the entrance to an ohv trail near angeles oaks though and was wondering if anyone else has seen it or can recommend something in that area.

2. buefchris

buefchris 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you go a little farther through big bear to hwy 18 towards lucerne valley you'll run across a OHV areato your right.drop down into a stageing area and look for HORSETHIEF FLATS. This trail has some good wheeling and i think it was a supply route in the early years of big bear.

3. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I will be heading up there in a few weeks. Post up what you find. There is some really good trails I have head people talk about but dont know where they are or the names.

4. buefchris

Another good trail is deep creek to crab flats. Thats east of lake arrowhead.White mountain trail the list goes on and on.:rolleyes:

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Cleghorn, 2n17X up from Silverwood lake. John Bull on the North east end. Many Many good trails. If you plan on spending a lot of time in that area get yourself a book on the trail system up there. I know the books are out there but since i just follow the leader i dont have one myself.Any body know a good book on Big Bear??

6. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

yeah this is where i went today, it was a lot of fun. i tried to take this trail about a year ago, but it was closed because of some construction they were doing at the deep creek crossing. there appears to be a bridge to get across the creek now(kinda gay), but the rest of the trail was fun, i'd give it a difficulty rating of 6 on a scale of 1-10.

have you ever taken holcomb creek trail? i was wondering how that compares to dishpan or john bull.

7. buefchris

John bull trial can be difficult with a K-5 . expect body damage chicks dig body damage !:D

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

CTUC Map
    The San Berdo map covers from the front side of Big Bear clear north to the top of Johnson Valley.
    Sidekick Maps also cover Big Bear.

9. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

next time you head out shoot me a PM, bertha wants to get dirty. Or maybe we can all put together a wheel trip commin up?

~Brian