Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

difficulty mounting 205 crossmember

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DukeBoy88, Apr 18, 2003.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I currently have my 205 adapter mounted through a 2.5" spacer from A+ trans to the back of my th700r4. The adaptor is bolted to my crossmember using new poly mounts. I jacked the crossmember up to meet the frame and started taking measurements. The passenger side forward bolt hole of the crossmember lines up perfectly with one of the 4 holes in the frame which is located 5" behind the body mount bracket attached to the frame. The rear hole lines up with nothing. On the drivers side, the forward hole of the crossmember lines up 1/2" behind the same corresponding hole located 5" behind the body mount bracket. the rear lines up with nothing. I've tried to force the drivers side forward using a comealong with little success, I'm not sure if thats a good idea. My other option was to weld a plate on top of the lower frame rail and redrill the holes 1/4" back each. I didn't want to have slotted holes. I didn't know if I loosened the motor mounts if that would give me any movement, or if that was a good idea. I'm looking for options and suggestions. I'm going back out to the garage now to take more measurements to make sure I'm not missing anything. thanks in advance.

2. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

just my thoughts....can you loosen your crossmember to adapter bolts a turn or two, leave one crossmember to frame rail bolt on the passenger side, then attempt to move the crossmember to its correct location the drivers side. support the tranny and tcase from somewhere besides the crossmember to let the crossmember "float." usually you can get the crossmember lined up uses a larger phillips screwdriver as a prybar in the crossmember to frame rail holes. good luck