Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Digital cable, phone, internet package?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieBlazer, Dec 23, 2004.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

anyone running a digital phone, cable and internet package. They offer a deal locally through "COX" for cable, phone and internet. Just wondering what hidden charges you have included, they claim its way cheaper but I'm weary. My current phone bill through bell south for the most basic stuff is around $42 dollars, basic service, plus call waiting plus caller ID, is like $32 and the rest is maintenance charges, and other crap. Just looking for those "crap" type charges to try and figure out if it is any cheaper.

2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

we had that in my house til this month....the extra cost of the digital cable vs the # of programs I actually watch didn't add up....so now only have basic cable. (yep, have Cox Cable too). If you actually use the channels, theres nothing hidden that i know of...so go for it.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

We have Cox here in AZ ( Cox bought Dimension , our local cable years ago ) . I do not use the phone package , I prefer the good old remnants of government broken apart Ma Bell ( southwest bell became qwest ) .

Now I have digital Cox cable , with the HBO/Cinemax package , the variety tier , the sports tier , and hi-speed internet . My bill is 112.88 a month . I cannot stop this for fear of withdrawals . I HAVE to have internet , I HAVE to have movies , and I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to have Outdoor Life network , ESPN Classic , Discovery Wings , DIY NEtwork ( rc car show on there ) and Tech TV :D:D:D:D