Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Digital camcorder/Firewire

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zeus33rd, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

What software do you use to download vid clips from a digital camcorder? I've got a firewire card, and the camera has a firewire port, but I have no software to use. Is there something I could maybe find on Kazaa? Would be cool to finally beable to get some vid clips on here. I'm gonna make one of me TIG welding one of these days. It'll be a close up through another welding helmet. Figured Greg atleast, would get a kick out of that. Anyways...Any ideas?

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

pinnacle studio 8 is what i use... MGI videowave is a name i remember also

3. Zeus33rd

Hmm, Pinnacle Studio 8.....Think I could find that on Kazaa?

Guess I could go look.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I use Pinnacle Studio 8 also; I can't say that I promote getting it from Kazaa, only because my wife works for Pinnacle so you'd be stealing from her company. Funny how I only care when it affects me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    I use Pinnacle Studio 8 also; I can't say that I promote getting it from Kazaa, only because my wife works for Pinnacle so you'd be stealing from her company. Funny how I only care when it affects me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I knew you'd be in here saying that sooner or later. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

shaggy... mine came with my gateway /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif so your welcome. I OWN YOU I PAY YOUR SALARY YOU WORK FOR ME...

I mean.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    shaggy... mine came with my gateway /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif so your welcome. I OWN YOU I PAY YOUR SALARY YOU WORK FOR ME...

I mean.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you don't own me, I said my wife works there. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif And, um, you don't own her either... /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif You only own me if you use software from a certain company in order to develop embedded Linux for various consumer and communications infrastructure electronics. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

If you use Windows XP then you already have everything you need.

If not then Pinnacle Studio DV is pretty good. I picked up a copy a few years ago with a Firewire card for under $80 so you should be able to get it pretty cheap on it's own. Actually, I don't have it installed anymore since I use other tools so I could probably get rid of mine /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif.

Whatever you do, don't spend any money on software from some unknown company. Stick with folks like Pinnacle, Adobe and others who actually know something about graphics.

9. Zeus33rd

Well, Made my first vid clip thingy. Worked out good. I will pleade the 5th on what program I used. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif But I will say it wasn't XP. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Took me alittle bit to teach myself the program- My first try I ended up with a 578mb 720x480 DVD quality 1 min clip... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

just for making ameture video, stick with finding a free editor or using the windows movie maker.

If your wanting something more advanced, dont use pinnacle. Get your hands on a program by Sonic Foundry called Vegas Video. Ive used it for 4 years with NO complaints. Still learning stuff i can do with it.