Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

digital Camera- help me decide please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Jun 16, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Tomorrow being father's day- (okay its already tomorrow here)....John's getting a digital camera- We will be going to Sear's, so here's my choice's that I've narrowed it down to.

Sony Digital Zoom Still Camera, Cyber-Shot® with 3.2 MegaPixel Effective CCD
    Small, sleek camera with all the power and advanced technology to capture your best shots ever. Also allows you to make your own MPEG movies to e-mail to all your friends.

3.2 Megapixel effective, 3.3 MegaPixel gross Super HAD™ CCD
    MPEG Movie HQX (no audio), clip motion and multi-burst modes
    Multi-point AutoFocus, clear color & slow shutter noise reduction for great shots
    3X optical zoom lens, 2X digital, 6X total zoom
    Includes 16MB Memory Stick® Media
    Rechargeable AA NIMH batteries and battery charger included
    ISO modes: 100/200/400

OR

Hewlett Packard Digital Camera, PhotoSmart™ 715, 3X Optical 2X Digital Zoom, CompactFlash™
    Every photo looks its best with 3.3 MP resolution. The large 46mm lens lets you shoot like a pro. Includes one 16MB CompactFlash™ card. USB connection to PC or Mac. Optional accessories.

Fully automatic with 3.16 MP effective resolution
    Preview photos on 1.8 in. color view screen with 4X magnification
    Auto red eye reduction
    Quickly changes modes and adjust for your next shot
    Save photos to 16MB CompactFlash™ card (Included)
    USB connection for fast and easy downloading
    View battery level, number of pictures, flash settings from energy-saving status display

The price is about the same $30.00 more for the HP..

what do you guys think? or give me a idea of what you guys have, Sony and HP are names I know- I'm not to fond of FUJI...so help me out please!!

Brandy

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I have a Sony and a Canon, I use the Canon Constantly now. The Sony I have is a discontinued CyberShot, but has tons of features I wish I had in the canon, and takes awesome pictures. I'd really recommend a Sony. I have afriend with an HP, and I'm really not at all impressed (plus it's reallllly slow).

Go with the Sony, I dont think you'll be sorry at all.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sony makes a really nice Digital camera that uses a computer dicsette instead of a memory stick. That's what I'd want /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just do what I did , wait til' you find a 400.00 dollar camera laying in the road. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

dont get the HP...it eats batties like its its job!..

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Oh right, if budget allows, Sony makes one that burns right to a CD!! That's my next lotto winning gift...

7. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

I just bought the Sony Cybershot DSC-P31?? 2.1 megapixel camera. I think that is the model just below the one you are looking at. I'm happy so far. It takes good pictures and decent videos. My only gripe is no sound on the videos. I also bought a 128meg memory card and I can take 131 pics or 22 minutes of video on the higest quality settings. It was something like 980 pics and 90 minutes of video on the lowest settings. Plus the camera came with a battery charger and rechargable batteries, and the USB cable. On Windows XP it is plug in and download....no software to load up. I think you have to load the included software on other windows programs though. All the pics on my link were taken with the camera execpt the pics of the blazer. With 3.2 megapixels, yours should be even better. Check out www.tigerdirect.com for some good deals on memory cards and maybe even the camera. I ordered my stuff and had it here in four days on regular shipping. I paid $220 for the camera and $60 for the 128meg memory stick