Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

digital camera opiions/reviews

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by four_by_ken, Feb 28, 2002.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I am thinking of getting a digital caera real soon.

Just looking to keep it on the less expensive side.

What do you guys have?

Ken H.

'86 K5 in parts
    1-ton 454 44 TSLs

2. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

This is what I just got.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/digitalstillcameras/cyber-shotrtm/dsc-p50.shtml>Sony DSC-P50</a>

I love it. It has all sorts of extras and was a good price, I think it was anyhow [​IMG]. You do need to get the rechargeable battery with it, and I recomend the big memory stick. But all together I paid about $500.00 for the camera with a 4 mb memory stick ($280.00), nice camera bag and rechargeable battery with the charger ($90.00 in kit form) and a 128 mb memory stick ($90.00) plus tax. Same mega-pixles as the Nickon CoolPix 775 with alot more options on it. Plus the Nickon is about $350.00 for just the camera. Well thats my $.02 Good luck with the camera search.

See Ya,
    Keith

"Your just mad cause the voices only talk to me."

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I have the previous model to CaliforniaK5, the DSC S50. It has a ton of cool stuff (nightshot, effects, etc), and was about $500. I think it's discontinued, but an awesome camera!!! One major drawback (I find since I now have a Canon), is the Memory stick. Great if you have other sony memory stick products (I.e. Vaio, or the MP3 player), but you're screwed into buying from Sony only, which I guess isn't terrible.
    My father in law bought me (and I think I'm supposed to share it with my wife) a Canon Digital Elph for christmas. I forget the model number, I'll let you know when I get home. Awesome camera, though! It's tiny, and takes great pictures. I don't know half the features, but one thing I dislike is the lack of a nightshot, which is made up-for by recording movies... It uses flash media, and whatever promotion we got in on got us a free 16mb card, free 2nd battery, carrying case and some big bag that we use for our camcorder.

Check out my CK5 album in my sig. All the pics from "Wheelin' in Pennsylvania" are with the Canon, and all the others are with the Sony (except the WTC montage). Some of the canon pics may be wierd looking, partially because my wife was snapping while moving out of the way...

One thing I really hate about both cameras is that they're so friggin delicate. Probably because they're so friggin expensive...

Ratch
    CK5 album &lt;-- New Wheelin' pics!
    This is not a new signature.

4. four_by_ken

Yeah, actually this Sony is the one I am thinking about getting. Just the battery and new stick make it too much.

I will have to wait I guess. Just keep taking my video camera with me.

Ken H.

'86 K5 in parts
    1-ton 454 44 TSLs

5. four_by_ken

I like this camera a lot, but I think it is like $330 for just the camera.

Ken H.

'86 K5 in parts
    1-ton 454 44 TSLs