Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Digital Camera Video Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Nov 29, 2004.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

We took my 16M/O son to a Christmas light display last night and took a video of him dancing to the live music on my Canon digital camera. I want to copy the video to a cd to send to waiting relatives, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it onto a cd. I have managed to get the initial image to a cd, but not the video. I have tried a few different ideas, but none have worked (I even read the instruction book /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif and there was aboslutely nothing about my query in there). I find it hard to believe that this is as difficult as it seems to be.
    Does anyone have an idea/solution or know what I am missing here??

I need /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What to play on a dvd player or just as archive?

I just use my $12 card reader and pull the files as they are off the camera's disk

If you want to play the cd in a dvd, get Nero or similar and use the make video disc wizard

3. mosesburb

I want to make the disc to send out because it is a large file and I am dial up and so are the people it is going to, so I want to put it on a cd to make it easier. I thought (definitely could be wrong) that I could copy the video file to a cd as something like a data file and they could open it into a specified player (similar to Windows Media Player, but one that supports this type of file) and view it. Is this not the case??

The $12 card reader, is this for the media card in the digi cam?? Can you select what images you want loaded to the disc??

The "image" that I got to load was done on Nero, but I only got the initial image, not the video following it.

4. mosesburb

[ QUOTE ]
    pull the files as they are off the camera's disk

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen the light /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

I hooked the camera up to the system to re-download only this image, but I went to a different file with it and was able to get it onto a disc (and it plays /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif). Now, provided my recipient has Quick Time Player, all is well.

Thanks for the help /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif.

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I've only owned one digicam and mine is a sonyDSC model... But anyways, mine came with software and I just plug my cam into the puter and it downloads everything off my cam automatically. I prefer to use Real Player to watch my vids but any player should work. Windows media included. Quick Time is one player that I don't find much use for... Anyways, after I download the vids or stills, I just use my disk burner to burn it on to a disk... I send the disk off and people use what ever player they normally use for viewing vids. Don't know why you had such a problem...

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Looks like you solved your issue, but since you have the file, you could probably also make a VideoCD through nero like RJ suggested, using that file as the source. Then people could stick it in thier dvd player and watch it.
    I haven't done this yet, but I intend to do it for my in-laws and parents. My dad won't go near a computer, and I'm not sure my father in law even has a modern enough one to watch video cleanly. But they both have dvd players...

Now I'm kicking myself... I just remembered I saw a dvd player for sale in best buy last week for $24... I dunno why I didn't think of it then, but that would've made a great christmas gift.