Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Digital Dixie Run Pics are Up!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Great pics Depdog! that olive drab 72 is Henry Stoyer. He's in my club. That truck will pop wheelies has a built 327 with doubl humps and built 700 R4 and a 208 case Front and rear ARB's. Thats the truck that I JB Welded the tranny together in. So far so good! you saw how he drives and it's holding.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

3. Depdog

Yep, he beat hell out of it on 9, kept telling me he wished I was in front of him so he could follow my line. He got stuck on 5 because the rear end pushed around and to keep it off the trees he had to be strapped. On 9 he popped a tire off the bead at the top of slickrock and then stood on the go pedal. Crowd went NUTS as he was tearing up the last part of the hill, did not hurt the tire though, cleaned it out and blew it up and finished the trial. He did bend hell out of his crossmember though. That 208 hangs down LOW.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

4. Grim-Reaper

Hehe I call Henry "Neutral Drop" He had that thing stuck in some goo and was rocking it. 3000 RPM never lifed, back and forth between 1st and reverse for about 5 minutes before he decided he was really stuck and I dragged him out LOL. The engine would mometarily bog as it got them 36's spinning the other direction. I can't belive the abuse that tranny takes from him. Who ever built that tranny knew what they were doing. Thats one stout 700r4.
    He just did a flip on the rear but didn't listen to me on cutting off the purches and rotating and has some vibes. He dropped the case trying to cure it. With the slip yoke that may be the only way he can do it without binding the splines.
    Motor is good and stout but yeah that case is low. It is also a pretty stiff truck. I have watched him have trouble on the trail have to lock the ARB'S to get through and then I walk it without spinning a tire. The flip helped but he needs to loosen the truck up some and it would work better.

Grim-Reaper

5. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Squash, I just had a look at that pic and it looks like trail damage. It also looks like this is the rear wheel opening and not the back of the front fender.(Is'nt that the inside of the passenger door in the top right of the picture?)

Well Depdog hows about clearing this up?

Rene

[​IMG]

7. realsquash

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

wasn't there, just saw the pics. Talked to Dep yesterday about it, that trail damage. Rock jumped up and got him. He's got a helluva lot better explanation, but that really is good ol Telico Rock Rash.

Kyle
    89K5

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah the backs of my old front fenders looked similar to that.(35's and 4" lift)Made sure I trimmed my new fenders right away![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

10. realsquash

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

come on now Squash, aren't you forgeting something, how wide are the boggers [​IMG]. Hell, it's all relative. I've made 31's rub. Wasn't much, but they still made contact. I think the "what fits, what hits", argument is best left to bolt it on and see. Too many variables. Some people will claim that 33's will rub like hell with 4" of lift and others are running 36's and doing fine.
    Beats the [censored] outta me which way to go, I guess I'll trim till there's nothing left, then trim a little more, well, as soon as I can get my front end figured out to bolt all this [censored] on.
    [​IMG]

Kyle
    89K5

12. Silverado4x4

Silverado4x4 Registered Member

I have 33x12.5 on my truck with stock suspension. 1986 1/2 ton silverado.

13. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Hey Depdog,

Great pics man! Who owns that S-10 hybrid with the exterior rollcage? I was just curious cuz i swear i have seen that thing somewhere before. Looks like yall had a blast wish i could have been there to at least watch.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

14. Depdog

Its owned by a guy in the club I am in, he is trying to sell it, $16,500 and its yours. Its pretty mean, has all the goodies and is very classily built.

Depdog

15. Depdog

Only fender crunching I have is from a BIG ROCK on trail 9 if you look at that pic closely, you will see the rocker panel below the crunch. I would have to crush the rocker panel up to get to the quarter panel.

Depdog

Depdog

16. Grim-Reaper

Thats known as Body By Tellico. Us Southern folks take damage like that as a badge of honor! Deps truck looked good compaired to what upper 2 did to my rear 1/4 :) Took out a door in june on lower rattle snake at Beasley knob. Last 45 days I have wiped out both tail lights and actully removed the tail light to save it cause I was screwed and had to take the damage. Still need to beat that one out but hell going to Tiftonia in 2 weeks...proably have more damage after that LOL.

Grim-Reaper

17. realsquash

Gotcha. I guess that's good then? People don't realize it, but there are a few places in WI (dresser) that resemble tellico a lot. This summer I broke off both side mirrors, bashed in both doors, crunched one side of the bed, and planted my boggers into the fenders really bad.

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash