Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dilema

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Jan 25, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Well I have little dilema. i am gonna have a little extra money when I go home soon, and cant decide where to spend it. My truck could really use a new motor. it has the original .307 in it. It blows alittle oil, but not real bad. Its just no where near as strong as i would like it. otherwise it runs like a top. But i also need the gaskets for my top. The top has never been removed, and the gaskets are dryrotted. It seems like everytime it rains here I am siliconing a new spot. Should i swap the motor or change out the gaskets. Either way I will spend about the same amount. I just need some help deciding on the order for my projects.
    Thanks
    Nathan

2. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

I'd opt for the engine first..but then again if you get the gaskets and break down least you'll stay dry..

70K5 350ci.350/205 "PROJECT 40"BOGGERS" It runs and its clean !!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OurMudToys/the70k5blazer.msnw>http://communities.msn.com/OurMudToys/the70k5blazer.msnw</a>

3. NuBombs72K5

NuBombs72K5 1/2 ton status

I agree. Do the engine first. Would you need the new gaskets for a soft top? My plan is to paint mine this June and put a soft top on it. I'll worry about the hardtop for winter. I've heard several people say the soft top kept them drier than their hard tops.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo30>See My Blazer</a>

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I cant decide. Its killin me not to take off the hardtop. It was 87 degrees and sunshining today. I wont be getting a softtop for a long time. They cost some serious money. I can nurse the engine along until i save up some more. Maybe the tax return will get the other.
    thanks for the suggestions
    nathan

5. naranja72

naranja72 1/2 ton status

i just finished shovelling the driveway of the new dump of snow and i come in and find out it's 87 in Louisianna. lol

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I'll be wishin i was ther when its 110 and 100% humidity here come june - september.