Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dilemma-- need honest opinions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jay web, Nov 13, 2002.

1. jay web

jay web Registered Member

I have read the posts on the likes / dislikes of the Raptor trans. What I am trying to decide is whether or not to buy the raptor rebuild kit and have one of my guys do it (I work at a Chev. dealership) or get a reman unit from chev with a warranty. I like the content of the raptor kit, and dont want to be in the same boat i am now w/ the gm unit a couple of years dowm the road. What would you do? Any experiences? I know this is the place for the answer!

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I would have one of the guys there build it the way ya want it or get a GM reman unit.That way if ya have any problems you can take care of it right there.

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Having that 3yr/50k warranty is lot of peace of mind IMO. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Especially if this is your DD and since you work at a Chevy dealership you would probably get a good /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifon one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

get a GM model. warrenty can't be beat, and you work there so they can't screw with you about it.