Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DIM DASH LIGHTS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by az ranger, Jun 8, 2004.

1. az ranger

az ranger 1/2 ton status

The lights on my dash are very dim especially the speedo and gas gage the other stock gages oil pressure water temp and volt are barely visible although sometime they will kind of surge and the get bright for a moment just to go dim again

anyone know what may be the cause

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

take your dash apart and look at the bulbs. you probably have 1 or 2 that are burnt out. Also what i did was spray painted the thin plstic cover that goes over the gages. Use a silver/chrome spray paint, spray the back side a few coats. This makes it almost like a mirror and reflects the light a lot better.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Replace all the bulbs with 168s instead of 194s.

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I masked off the back of the cluster (removed the gauges) and spray painted it with fake chrome paint. The part that goes over the gauges I left light blue to keep the light blue effect, also replaced all the bulbs while I was at it. Night and Day difference. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Mine was simply some burnt out , the other ones loose in their sockets or on board . Once I replaced them , and made sure they were tight , they were brighter and didn't flicker on bumps. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

I like the other ideas though , sounds cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Ck the bulbs. I painted mine as some others have mentioned. I used gloss white though. Either One will brighten it up alot!

7. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I masked off the back of the cluster (removed the gauges) and spray painted it with fake chrome paint. The part that goes over the gauges I left light blue to keep the light blue effect, also replaced all the bulbs while I was at it. Night and Day difference. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I painted mine witht the spray chrome and it made a BIG difference.