Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dimensions on crossover arm

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DERBINATOR, Mar 5, 2005.

1. DERBINATOR

DERBINATOR 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know how long it is from the center of the kingpin to the draglink hole on a chevy dana 60 crossover arm?

2. DERBINATOR

DERBINATOR 1/2 ton status

I was just thinking the distance would be the same as my dana 44 crossover arm from balljoint to draglink hole. Right?

3. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

Our new crossover arms are 7" from the center of the kingpin to the draglink hole.

if you need the knuckle stud pattern, just let me know.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Got any pics/illustrations of the ones your making? :thinking:

5. cyclone

cyclone 1/2 ton status

RockLogic arm

my RockLogic D60 crossover arm is 7" from center of cap to TRE hole.

6. NorthWestFab

[​IMG]
    Here is a CAD rendering

That one is the double arm design. We made them to be able to run the tierod on either the front or rear of the axle (which is required for a 52" spring swap or similar), and works with axles heavily relocated, which 95% of the arms out there will NOT let you do. They're Billet 4130. The double arm is cut from a huge block, 14"x4"x2" ! My arm has 3 holes, 1 for the draglink, 1 for the tierod, and 1 for the ram.

The caps are built in, and designed for factory type studs. The arms include the 5th dedenbear hole. The arms also clear hummer rims with stock backspacing (probably not a feature required for most of our Fullsized rigs). They also have correct steering geometry designed into them.

They're being prototyped right now, so I don't have any final photos, no do I have a finalized price. It will be highly competitive, and we're going to produce a load of these as soon as we can. So much to make, not enough time in the day!

-Kyle
    Northwest Fab

7. NorthWestFab

Oh yeah, and if you want to try your hand at making your own arms:

[​IMG]

The axle is actually at a 8.5* inclination angle not 10. 10*'s will help the joint of your draglink, but won't help your tierod.

8. nvrenuf

Very secksy! :pimp:

Are you going to have a variety of arms or will the one style fit all needs? I know some companies offer with/without Hummer offests, with/without the rear hole etc..

Also, from the drawing it appears that the forward "branch" of the arm is raised slghtly above the based that touches the knuckle - how much? I've read that if you use a Zero Rate (with forward offset) on the front some arms require a spacer for tie rod clearance, will this lift eleminate this?

Finally, do you have a rough idea of when you'll be ready to sell them (summer, fall, etc)?

THANKS for the info and pic!

9. NorthWestFab

The point where the TRE enters the arm is 1.9" higher than the surface of the knuckle, they're the tallest D60 arms I know of w/o a spacer.

We're going to do a variety of styles, Single passenger side, double passenger side, single drivers (highsteer addition) etc.

Although I would recommend getting a double as I found once you decide to change your axle location, you might have to buy new arms :mad:.
    A double arm also gives a great location for a hydro ram.

The hummer offset actually does help your steering geometry, weather you need the wheel clearance or not. If taking it out means we can offer them a fair bit cheaper, then we will do that.

Summer is a good conservative estimate. The shops been fondling the drawings for a while, but it keeps getting puched back due to milling adaptors, 1410 yokes etc.

-Kyle

10. nvrenuf

EXCELLENT info! For me, the timing on the release date of the arms will probably be just right. Go ahead and get a box ready to ship to the Gulf of Mexico. :D

Thanks for the tech, Kyle. :thumb: