Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dinged by a turkey!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Derf00, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

My son and I made a trip to Dripping Springs, TX yesterday to meet Tim @ 4x4 Iron. What should have been an uneventfuy trip, turned out to be pretty interesting for a while. We left in a driving rain storm with gusts up to 50mph and monsoon like rain lasted for about the first 50 mi. Then after the storm cleared it was just low hanging clouds, and windy, perfect weather for deer and turkey to be out and about.

I noticed a large flock of turkeys cross the road a few hundred yds down the road, I backed off a little but it looked like they had cleared the road, but when I got up to the three stragles took off and one didn't clear. She hit the upper portion of the bumper and the hood, just very thankful she didn't hit the windsheild, or she would have probably been out laps.

The rest of the trip was great, got to meet Tim, and he built us a spare tire carrier that is attached to the roll bar. Since we put the spare inside, the carpet will soon be gone. [​IMG]

....and here is the little darling that caused the damage. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Ouch...that's a bummer. I take it you'll be getting that fixed, yes?

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Your guys K5 has probably one of the cleanest bodies and paint here. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif You are going to fix it right?

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Holy craP! That turkey must of been pretty solid!

5. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif that sucks atleast it didn't hit you windshield...

justin /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Did you eat the turkey for dinner? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

7. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

don't forget to pull out the fenders around your lights /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    don't forget to pull out the <font color="red">feathers </font> around your lights

[/ QUOTE ]
    Fixed it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm hoping that tire carrier is going to allow that tire to lay down more...how are you going to see out your back window with it like that.

Then again, not everyone is as short as I am.

10. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    don't forget to pull out the <font color="red">feathers </font> around your lights

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks... I think I should proof read more /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

11. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Yes, we will have it fixed. I am hope that since there are no sharp creases that a paintless dent removal place may be able to take it out.

The tire carrier was designed to sit like that, because we wanted to be able to use the back seat, any steeper angle and a 38" wouldn't fit. The vision wasn't a problem, just like having a big guy sitting in the middle.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, there's nothing like being fast asleep in the passenger seat and hear my dad say, "DOAH!" hear the ominous thump, and look to see a snow storm of feathers /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

We did a U turn to see if it was still alive and if it was I was going to kill the little bastid with my bare hands /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I think we have some Turkey Jerky still in the grille.

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and look to see a snow storm of feathers /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I think we have some Turkey Jerky still in the grille.

[/ QUOTE ]

yummmm turkey jerky /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif