Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dipstick and rear glass on 84 K5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, Jul 9, 2003.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about buying an 84 Blazer, I can get it for $800, it is in decent shape but needs some TLC.
    The rear glass is broken, does anybody know how much that is and where to get it. Also, the dipstick is on the drivers side, on my 86 it is on the passenger side, what is the difference or is it a 305?

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I don't think its a 81-85 305 because mine is an 84 or 85 and the dipstick is on the passenger side.

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

the dipstick is on the drivers side

I am thinking Pontiac moter like in the 1970 can someone with more exp take a stab

and glass any junkyard $50 and you pull it

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Probably just an earlier Chev motor. (my '74 350 is DS dipsick FWIW)

Much more likely thats the case than someone putting in a Non-Chev motor that year.

5. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Hard to say what year it is, the Goodwrench 350 in my 78 K5 is a D/S dipstick (royal pain thanks to the brake booster...)

6. daimok

daimok Registered Member

i wouldnt get too scared on the emmisions part. my 83 had alot of missing vaccum hoses and a few other non emission things missing , trick is getting an inspection at the right place and right time.

never go to a state inspection only shop if they have them in your area. I go with jiffy lube , wait till close to closing in the hottest days around. you can wait in the car and even have it running ( helps with the sniffer ). makes being under the hood for the "mechanic " hot as hell. they want to go home , its hot and most likely ye will get a sticker.

i renew mine every time i get a set of tires at firestone. you buy $600 - 800 in tires they usually gonna throw in the sticker.

i kept egr and smog pump , i have headers that have AIR injection , edelbrock carb and vaccum hoses on the charcoal canister that go - no where /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i swapped out the water neck from the emmision one to a plain one , they dont see the missing hoses so they usually miss that one too

Its not that i try to defeat to emmissions , i cant get a emmissions diagram from parts book ( says to use sticker under the hood ). havent been able to read it for years and the dealer doessnt stock them.