Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

direct replacement seats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by milspecjimmy, Jan 13, 2003.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

what other factory seats can i use in my jimmy, and have them bolt right in? i want a nice set of power seats. my drivers seat is all compressed and dilapitated. i sat in the passanger seat the other day to let a friend of mine drive my truck, and i was suprised as to how nice the seat felt. any ideas?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Switch your seats around, I did that with mine for the same reason, who cares if the passenger gets the crappy seat..... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. milspecjimmy

1) i really want some thing different and power would be kool, 2) arent the controls and mounting on the wrong side?

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Just put the pass seat itself on the drivers side mounts and so on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Or get a good pass side seat from the bone yard and have 2 good ones...

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Just put the pass seat itself on the drivers side mounts and so on

[/ QUOTE ] That was just what I'd suggested... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    1) i really want some thing different and power would be kool, 2) arent the controls and mounting on the wrong side?

[/ QUOTE ] The only controls I had were to flip it forward and back and it wasn't a hasstle.....I just thought that would do til' you found something else , as for direct bolt on good luck, although I do seem to remember a post about must@nt seats or Firebird buckets, but I'm not sure.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifI want some outta a newer s10 or the bravado their leather ,heated, electric, with lumbar and an inner arm rest, they're nice but I'l have to weld up some brackets........ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. milspecjimmy

i am thinking like Escalade or Denali seats.

8. jamacee

jamacee Registered Member

Resurrecting this since I didn't find anything else in the search.

I saw a k5 on CL that retro fitted denali seats into it. This included the back seats as well.

That intrigued me in regards to my 89 burb. I'd love to upgrade the 2nd and 3rd row seats with some Denali seats.

I would rather have either some mastercraft RS, Corbeau RS, or Beard seats for my driver/pass seats.

The denali seats would be pretty sweet especially for the headrests and since I am strapping cars seats for my kids in there. I toyed with the idea of just doing a custom mounting system back there for aftermarket seats but then I loose the utility of fold down rear seats and hauling tools/lumbar/furniture and what not.

Has anyone done a denali seat conversion?