Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Direct TV or Dish Network?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by walla2k5, Jan 19, 2005.

1. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

O.K. , I'm getting tired of paying the cable company too much money ( $65 a mo. ) , no names but they're initials are CHARTER ,looking to go satelite. Anyone want to chime in on the pro's and or con's ? Which one is better and why? Thanks.....

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

They are the same company I think.

Ive got Dish Network and its fine with me. $24.99/month

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I've had both, and I don't see any difference.

I switched from DirecTV to Dish in the last year only because they gave me a free DVR.

4. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Go Direct TV if you might want to get NFL sunday ticket! (all games) I had D-TV in 2 of the last 4 places I lived, I love it. In the last one we got a 3 room setup, with TeVo for $49.99 installed from the store. The packages are a lil less pricey than cable IMO. It cracks me up when I see the cable ads try to bag on satellite....cuz IMO its better (never had 'hidden fees' etc)

5. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

I have dish network it's great and never cuts out like cable did all the time and you have to get that DVR thing it rocks. [​IMG]

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have dish network. No complaints. It works a lot better than cable. Cable was always blacking out so I dished it. Only problem I have had with dish is once in a while when it snows real hard I have to go out and brush off the dish. No big deal really only happens when the wind is blowing a certain way.

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

We've had DirecTv for years and have never had any complaint cept for the fact they keep wantin money every month.:crazy:

8. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

I went with Dish just because of the DVR being THEIR equipment instead of requiring the extra TIVO...I didn't check too hard into direct, but I think that was the main difference....

I have 3 rooms + DVR + america's top 120 channels for $50/month....Less than cable was...Plus I can record anything I want...and watch them whenever I get time...Gotta Love that DVR Thingy!!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: It's great for when there is nothing on, but my wife wants to watch something with me....

9. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I have direct tv and some of my friends have dish net work. Neither of them cut out like digital cable does. It seems to me that direct tv is more sports orientated and dish net work is more music oriented. The other nice thing is if you go camping you can take your dish and set it up while your camping. One of the cons about dish service is that you have to pay for each additional reciever that you have(4.99). It's not like cable where you can use a splitter. Using a splitter will not enable your receiver to get all the channels you pay for. I will never go back to cable after getting direct tv.

10. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks for your input everyone!!! Gonna get rid of the cable....That DVR looks like the ticket.:thumb:

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I just ordered DISH for our new place. The free DVR was a bonus :cool1: I have to go satellite though cause cable doesn't run out to where our house is