Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dirt bike doods,suggestions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Dec 23, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i am really wanting a bike again.i miss jumping most,but the whole thing is great. i've had bikes since i was 10. i need the excitement and fun again.i raced moto cross for a few years.there are too many classes now though.4 hours between races is waaaay to long.but hey,the people that suck are paying customers too, right.:surepal: anyway i need a 250 and up. i've had great luck with Hondas and Yamahas.but its been a few years.:whistle: what do ya think?

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Go buy a stroke 250 brand new... Just keep it maintained and itll run forever. Youll get an incredible deal on a new one now that 4 strokes are all the craze... Ktm make some very nice bike with the best build quailty ive seen. Also their xc would be perfect. The suspension set a lil softer for woods guy but it would adapt well to motocross for the slower/ having fun rider. You got my number if ya wanna chat.

3. boggerless

i'll call ya

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

dood,

yea, go get a 2007 cr250. last year of it and you won't have many problems with it. a ktm EXC 300 or XC-W 300 wouldn't be bad either. lansing cycle is the KTM god in michigan.

if you wanna race, come race with me. we'll make a man outta ya, none of this pansey 15 minute motocross stuff:rotfl: . we go trail riding just about every weekend, infact we are going tomorrow before all the family stuff.

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Im leary of 07 honda 2 strokes. For the sole reason that it is the last year of them. I wonder if the same quality would go into them. Id like to think they would but you never know:confused:

6. big83chevy4x4

honda has never had bad quality, i don't think they would skimp on the quality just because they are the last year.

i have a 98 cr500, a dinosaur i know, but they never changed anything major since 88, except in 92 they revised the subframe for a sleeker seat and sidepanels. all they did every other year is update the suspention and put new graphics on it. the quality is the same as a 98 cr250 or 125

i wouldn't think they changed anything from the 06s except if they had a problem with something, just so they could focus more on the 4 strokes (stupid move on their part IMHO) i wouldn't think the quality changed at all.

btw, if i was to buy a brand new bike, it would either be a service honda CR500AFX, or a KTM 300 not sure which model, but the first thing i would do is find a big bore kit for it. i love my 2 strokes for the riding/racing i do.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Be a man and pick up one of those KTM Super Enduro 950 bikes:haha:

8. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I would love a service honda:bow::bow:

Two strokes still have their place. I dont think anyone should start one a 4 stroke. A 2 stroke will teach you clutch/ throtle / brake control that you wont learn/ pick up n a fourstroke. Because its harder to ride a 2 stroke fast it will teach you better. Idk, just my opinion

9. big83chevy4x4

the only reason i don't have one is the $10,000 price tag on the X model (lights)

i agree fully, but i can ride any 2 stroke faster on a track than a comparable 4 stroke. id does help that i have been riding 2 strokes for 18 years, though one year i raced a xr600.

99% of the AA/A enduro and harescramble guys ride 2 strokes, and most of the amateur guys also ride 2 strokes. i remember seeing the first crf450 in the woods. the guy was having nothing but problems with it.

10. boggerless

i was thinkin cr250 TJ.AND we practiced in a place that had a jump(at least 4ft) for 3/4s of a mile.the jumps were close enough to get up the next ones.about 10 to 20ft apart.if i get the bike i'll show you 15 minute motocross!!!!!pansey..HA :haha:

11. big83chevy4x4

come run gas for me and my dad once, when your at the 2nd gas stop at hour 4, you'll realize that motocross is for panseys, ya pansey.

12. boggerless

my cousin had a KTM back when they first had the(up side down forks).:D that was a badass bike. BUT the rider makes the difference TJ.:haha: :haha: i kicked that things ass with my three wheeler.:bow: :bow:

13. boggerless

TJ i'll do it with a 2 stroke and the stock tank!!:eek1:

14. big83chevy4x4

you'll be driving the truck with the tools.
    my dad uses the stock tank on his 2 stroke. i use a 3.5 gallon tank in the natural color (see threw) for the added style. btw, he and i have the same bike.

he remembers seeing or hearing your name at irish hills,

but seriously, if you want to come check out one of my races, ill send you my schedule. the ones in michigan are near lake city, wolverine (10 miles from the bridge), harrison, and marquete. the rest are in indiana.

15. boggerless

that would be coolTJ.:D i need a bike so i can show you what i can do...:D i was #331 in the MRA.thats cool you and your dad race together.:bow: PS i'll still beat ya :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Tell me about it. I tried to astound TwoDogs up in Moab by unleashing the ungodly power of the mighty BRP. He kicked my ass.:haha: :haha: :haha: