Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dirt bikes (cylinder repair)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mxrcr589, Apr 22, 2004.

1. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

I broke a circle clip in my rm125, it scratched my cylinder and head up. Does anyone know of a good cheap place to get it repaired or should i just go ahead and buy new ones??

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

what year bike? do you know if it has a nicklesil bore?

how bad is it? the head you might be able to get away with, depends how bad. ive reused a head that had rings beat into the head. i just cleaned it up alittle bit with a die grinder.

there are a couple places that you can have it renicklesiled, but ive heard they don't run right. for the $150 to have it done, i would buy a new cylinder.

i have never had a cylinder renicklesiled, i have a cr500 and it has a cast iron bore.

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I have a friend that gets 25% off. I went and bought a new one on mine. I cleaned mine up and still felt like it was losing compression, so I replaced pistion and head. Runs great now. Just need to save up for a v-force /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

i get 10% above dealer cost from the honda/suzuki/ktm shop /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Buy me a V-Force then /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif. What class do you ride? Mine friend rides B-class 125, but does not win enought to get better sponsorship. He as 3 kids and works alot. Hard to make time for racing as well, but he does.

6. big83chevy4x4

i race the open class (251cc and up) in harescrambles. 3 hours solo baby /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif click on the link in my sig

7. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

Yah i guess ill just look into getting a new one. I race B class in one race group and do pretty well, but in AMA district 7 i have to race C class since i dont race enough, i hate C class everyone sucks, they either run into you, or fall in front of you, just have to get a good start and 1st isnt to hard to get.

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If yur racing get a new jug and piston. Plant some flowers in your old one.

9. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

that sucks that it scratched your cylinder. My powervalve in my 99 RM125 dropped into the bore and tore up the piston. Luckily it did not do anything to the cylinder itself. It was only like $175 for parts to get it fixed. The thing that makes me mad though, is that everything in my bike is brand new and when the powervalve snapped and fell in, it only had 5 hours riding time on it...o well, it runs now once again.

NITRO