Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dirt Gripz

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUPER'BURB, Apr 4, 2005.

1. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

In the search lots of people say PJ Dirt Gripz wear well on the street. Well I run a 73 Burb with 36" TSL's it was cool till I started driving it a couple hundred miles per week :( . How will the PJ's last? 15K miles like my TSL's or a relly good long time? I would go with an all terain but I mud every weekend and need the tread void. Ya and how do they work in mud, snow and dirt. ANY input would be much apreciated I need to order tires soon :1zhelp: .

THANK YOU

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

20K is all you can expect from an offroad tire.

3. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I have had two sets of PJ dirt grips. My first set were 36x14.50's on a '97 dodge ram and my second set were 35x12.50's on a '99 super duty. I loved both sets and you will get more than 20k out of them, I would say at least 25k. Im not sure how long they will last since I got rid of both trucks before I wore them out but the ones on my dodge I put about 15k on and they were around half tread at that time. These tires rock in deep snow, both trucks were paractically unstoppable in deep snow, wouldnt stop till the truck was pushing snow taller than the bumpers! They were also very good in dirt and mud although I never really did any hardcore mudding with them. They are also pretty well mannered on the street and seem to balance well.

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I started running 38" TSL's on my daily driver for a few months until i saw how bad they started wearing from driving lots of miles..
    Then i bought another set of rims and put my old 35x12.50x15 bfg mud terrains back on for street driving. that was a good idea.
    My TSLs were headed for probably 10K miles if that... while my mud terrains last me like 2 years, probably over 20K miles. :thumb:

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I've never run the PJ's, but they seem overpriced in my opinion.... I'd go with a BFG M/T if you're worried about street miles.

6. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

Mtr's wear great on road. They also provide geat offroad traction. I had a set of 35"s and got 28,000 miles out of them. So I 6mo ago I bought the 37"s. Check tire pressure and rotate often. They will need wheel speed to clear in the really thick stuff, but you will be pleasently suprised.

7. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

I would but I run a 16" rim and 36" is the smallest I can go. I had some BFG's on a jeep and loved them (after sipind spl?)

8. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

one of my boat customers runs the 38's on his F350 DD... he loves em.. says they wear well and are pretty quiet...

but they are pricey from what i remember....

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Doesn't the BFG come in a 315/75R16? That's pretty close to the size that ya want and will still fit a 16 inch wheel. :cool1: