Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dirt track by PIR

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by POWERMAD, Jan 29, 2006.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any info on the old figure 8 dirt track next to MLK.
    There are no signs saying to stay out and I see rigs down there all the time.
    I've been down there playing around and no one has said anything but it would kinda suck to get a trespassing ticket.

If ya go and make a few laps be sure ya don't have an open element aircleaner. The north end is pretty deep, I had water over the hood and was starting to suck in water. :eek1:

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ya just need bigger tires:D :haha:

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Ya I know. :(
    Hopefuly by this summer I will get the lift and other goodies on.
    Then I will need some sort of slider setup so my girlfreind can get in, with 33's and no lift she has trouble getting in as it is. :haha:

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

does anyone know how to find out if this or other places like this are ileagel to be in? Sory gor the hijack but thee is a place out in gresham that we like to go muddin at and there is not a single no tresspassing sign and obviously 100's of other trucks have been there. Who could i call to get info on this?

5. crawford

crawford 1/2 ton status

Where exactly is it at?

6. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

242nd and palmquest (sp?) basicly on the southeast corner of that intersection.

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

didnt i already pull you out of there once?:p:

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Best thing to do is contact the county and find out who owns the land... then you can contact them about it.

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I've wheeled in there a few years ago before they built the school (Cedars)...........might call the Gresham Barlow school district and ask if they own it or who does...............tho I've been in there a few times and I see a ton of tire tracks I'd make sure first.

Just thought of something - let me check with a buddy of mine who's a Gresham cop - he'll know the scoop.

I'll post up when I hear back from him.

10. kennyw

Even if you know other people have been in there, its the person who is caught that has to deal with the tresspassing charges... So I would definitly want to play it safe.

11. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My brother is a Portland PD ask him Blazooki is his user name

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

OK, got the scoop from my Gresham cop friend. It is PRIVATE property and the owner is a total a-hole and does press trespassing charges. Stay away.............:mad:

13. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

No $hit? Well in that case thanks alot for the info. Thats to bad casue there is some sweet mud out there. <------Bummed

14. kennyw

I think I'd be a total A-hole too if someone just randomly showed up and tore up my land with no permission to be there... I would post no trespassing signs however, then again they may just be getting torn down too.

I have seen cases where groups approached land owners and offered to clean up the garbage, maintain trails, ect and have had success at getting places like that opened up.

15. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I was very seriously considering that... Cause apperently thats the big deal is everybody dumping out there. We were actually out at the gresham spot one time (my buddy was stuck) and a cop rolled up next to us in a tahoe. We asked "is it illeagle to be out here" and he said "no but if people keep dumping stuff theirs gonna be trouble" Now this guy could have been talking out of his ass or just didnt know but now that i think of it i belive i had a freind who got a tresspassing ticket for being out there.

So does anyone know about the dirt track??

16. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i'm going to tie a rope around the leg of the pedestal of the seats so that the rope can just hang out when she opens the door and use it as a stirrup. was thinking i could then attatch a longer string to it so that she could just grab on to the string and carry it with her as she gets up so she doesn't have to reach down to grab the rope. the string might be over kill tho since it's not too big of a deal to just grab it. :)

17. wkbrdrob

wkbrdrob Registered Member

been there, done that, talked with the cops, nearly got a ticket, and barely got pulled out. I would advise against Palmquist. And, I had a buddy that nearly got caught, but the left before the cops came. They still wrote him up a ticket for trashing the road with muddy tracks. How stupid is that!??!