Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dirty Rat Bastards!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shewheeler, Jan 25, 2007.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

My garage is invested with ****ing RATS... :angry1:

They are smart little s.o.b.s and I havent' been able to catch one with a regular snap trap -- they know how to trip it and then chow down on the bait. I can't put out poison because of my dogs and the thought of finding mummified rat corpses doesn't appeal to me. Guns are not an option either (sorry):doah:

Anyone tried one of those ratzapper thingys? Aside from burning my garage to the ground :weld:, any suggestions on killing every single one of those disease infested, co(k-sucking rodents would be most appreciated.
    :1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got a garbage can? Leave the lid off, put some peanut butter in the bottom. Put a board or stick up against it. They will climb up the stick, get in the can and they can't jump out. Deposit your trash and watch the fun when the trash man comes.:D

4. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

don't know how but uncle had same problem years back. he hooked up a car battery with a live wire and fried them going through door ways.:D

I kid you not.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Glue traps, my good woman

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Remember that movie where the nerdy guy goes and lives with the wolves to see why the caribou are dying ?

Get some saltines , and a bunsen burner ...... instant lunch :wink1:

7. shewheeler

Yah, but how long do they take to die in one of those things? Don't they start chewing off their legs and ****?:confused:

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

There is only one weapon powerful on this world to remove the vermin which inhabits your garage. The other weapon, unfortunately last summer moved on to another world, but there is still hope left for the unfortunate who come under attack from these vile creatures...................................

Nuclear weapons is not what we want.

Bill Clinton, due to his ability to outrat the rat, is not what we want.

Jesse Jackson, even with his skills, is not what we want.

Flashbangs, although highly recommended, just doesn't make the enemy say "**** around" enough.

There is only one weapon in existence today powerful enough, and brings a stronger spiritual message to the enemy than the Billy Graham Crusade.

This weapon I speak of is Napalm. Not only does it sterilize your target zone, but those that survive receive the message 5x5 that you are not there to play games.

This is not a game of chance. This is a game of survival. You must arm yourself with the very best if you expect success. Stock up on Napalm now.

Or just go down to WallyWorld, but a pellet rifle, shot the little bastards then string them up on the wall as an example to their comrades of what to expect if they don't vacate your AO ASAP.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And of course, you can't commence with a rat killing without listening to Brother Jerry Clower speechify about the rat killings he participated in as a youngun down in Mississipp...........................

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

We used glue traps here at work this past fall. We placed a few in strategic locations and just waited. It didn't take long and we had a few. They start flopping around and making noise when nabbed. :D :D

The ones that were nabbed at night when the office was vacant actually started chewing CAT6 and phone cords.:mad:

There was no way they could escape the glue without tearing half their skin & fur off.:D :D

I would put them in locations where there isn't anything valuable to gnaw on.

:D :D

11. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

sorry have to say it. if you have a strong airsoft bb gun or pellet gun. those work. had some rats at my old office had a airsoft pellet gun and i shot two of them it stunned them enough be able to nab them with a broom and a trash can.

12. shewheeler

Yah, not an option... a shame my job keeps me from all the fun stuff, eh?:wink1:

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You could get a cat.

14. shewheeler

I dislike cats almost as much as I dislike rodents. My dogs have killed a couple but I think the rats are hip to the situation now.

15. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Or maybe let the dogs into the garage for a night? I'm sure Trigger? would tear the shiit out of a rat. :D

16. shewheeler

Along with everything else!!! I've already thought about it, but he can't be trusted to keep his activities limited to just killing rats:rolleyes:

17. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

First, put a dab of peanut butter under the part that the bait goes on. Then place the trap perpendicular to the wall, with the business end (and bait) on the end nearest the wall. Rats and mice like to move along the walls, and putting the bait under the trip plate makes them stuff their pointy noses underneath to get at the PB. WHAP!!! :cool1:

18. shewheeler

That's helpful! I knew there was some trick to setting the traps... I'll let my boyfriend know when he comes to reset them:wink1:

19. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Aint nothin like a good cat to keep your property vermin free. I have never seen so much as a mouse turd in any of my buildings. Tom and Roswell, my cats are always on the job. Tom is pretty funny. he will catch a rat or some other varment, bring it back alive and let it go in the back yard so my wifes dog can get in on the fun too. He sits back with an amused look on his face and watches Dahlia chase the rat down.
    Roswell kills any spider he sees that gets inside the house and is a terror on rats too.

20. shewheeler

Problem with that is my dogs keep the property cat free...