Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

disabeling ABS?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89BlazerK5, Feb 2, 2004.

1. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

i have rear-only ABS on my '91. i also have a disc brake conversion on my 10 bolt........ and i plan to stick a 14bolt back there soon...... sometimes, when i'm turning, and stopping, the brake pedal will pulse, like the ABS is kicking in. i also have 4.56 gears and 33" tires...... i just learned that the ABS is given info from the DRAC about wheel speed.... the ratio is waaaaaay off with my gear setup, so, i'm sure that could effect things too. anyways.... is there a way for me to completely disable the ABS?

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

My ABS was engaging on the left front tire every time I stopped with my 98 K2500, so I pulled it fuse. No more ABS issues. It did make the ABS light come on on the dash, but light bulbs can be removed just like fuses /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have some issues with my abs also. It is really bad when you first start out in the day and also in 4 low. The 4 low is kinda weird since I thought the abs should disengage when in 4wd. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif