Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disappointed............

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

No need to whine, but, very simply, I'm sadly disappointed in a few people today. The sad part is, said people are unavoidable. NO, IT'S NOT KIM CAN!!!!

Anyhow, I needed to vent to the Brotherhood. Reply or not, it makes me feel like I've talked it out with buddies and got it off my chest. *Big sigh*

Carry on..............

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

fellow workers? run em over with a dozer! :o :haha:

hopefully its none of the outstanding folk here in the playhouse.... :wink1:

3. Can Can

:whistle:

Do you ever feel like you're the ONLY one who TRULY cares about getting the job done? I'm not intimating that I'm Superman, but why does it seem, when push comes to shove, I'm the one going th extra mile? Maybe it's because I am?

Oh well..........The cheques never bounce, eh?:crazy:

4. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

About three months ago my boss and I decided to run a phone line from the phone room to our office so that we could have dial up internet without anybody knowing. We use the net to get stuff done for work a little quicker, the local systems are pretty slow. It's been great to have, I can post reports to the local Poloce Dept twice as fast, and my boss can play all the Fantasy football he wants. Things went well for two months. The District Manger comes down and is using the computer with dial-up to print some stuff off of his jump drive. While hes at it, he sees the AOL icon on the desktop. My boss wasn't in the office, so the DM looks at me and asks me if the computer had internet access. I am not about to lie to the DM over something stupid like internet access, so I told him yes. I didn't give him any more info, I didn't want to imcriminate my boss or myself. He asked if my boss knew about it, and I said, yes, he uses it to post reports. The DM gets up and walks out of the office, comes back 5 minutes later with my boss.

DM- "Did you know this computer has dialup access. That is 100% against policy."

My Boss- "No! Does it really have dialup? I hardly ever use this computer. Al, did yuo know?"
    He gave me a weird look.

Me-"Ya, it's been that way for awhile, I use it to post PD reports."

DM-"Well that stops today. Your lucky I trust this office, or else I'd take the hard drive and see what you guys have been doing."
    The DM is an idiot. I don't know what the hell he was talking about, did he think he was gonna send it to the FBI?

My Boss-"Don't worry, I'll take care of it, I'll have a talk with Al later."

That was that, no more was said by the DM about it. He eventually leaves and my boss goes "phew, that was close, we almost lost are internet".

I got real pissed at him and said, "your worried about the fu***** internet, after you just made me a liar to the DM?! That was really f'd up what you just did to me."

He played it off like nothing ever happened. I had had a pretty good relationship with him. I've been with the company about 6 months longer than he has, and I was doing his job untill he got there. (I don't have the experience to hold the job officially) He does a good job, we are the highest ranked office in the region. But in no way will I ever trust him with anything. He sold me out like it was nothing. THAT left me feeling dissapointed in the people I work with. I've been looking for a new job ever since.

I'm sorry to hear your having problems. I wish the workplace could be perfect all the time, but some people are only worried about #1 and let stupid things happen. It's even worse when you loose your trust in someone, it's almost like loosing a friend.

I hope it all works out. If they are just being lazy, a good boot to the ass never hurts.

Al

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i figured, understandable.... i'm ALWAYS in the same boat myself... i'm always amazed at how lazy, apathetic, etc peeps can be sometimes...

just try to be content in knowing what a good work ethic ya have... :waytogo: my dad always tells me i was born in the wrong era.. :doah: :haha:

what really bakes my noodle is when ya get new guys in and a week later they're slackin off... if you can't bust your a$$ the first couple months at a new job, what are ya gonna be like in 2 yrs? blows me away that i'm 40 and run circles around these 20something pups.. :screwy: :dunno:

Doctor Ryoken says take 2 white russians and throw a rock at em in the morn.. :wink1:

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey Can Can, my eleventh uncle just died in las Vegas and I have a girlfriend 1000 miles way so uh I need like, the next three months off to have my ovarian cancer treated and one of my livers removed....

7. Can Can

I just sat down and talked with Kim about it and feek a lot better.

Without rehashing what is apparently very obvious, I thank both of you for taking the time to share your experiences with me. I will make this comment, however:

WHY DOES THE 20 +/- CROWD SEEM TO SUFFER FROM SUCH A BAD CASE OF "ENTITLEMENT"? Whatever happened to "earning your stripes", so to speak?

But enough whining. Thanks so much. I feel about 90% better now. Thank God for the Brotherhood!!!!:woot:

8. Can Can

RJ, it's better than that.........

"I need 2 day off at the end of Februaury because my mom signed me up for two days of tests to check for a genetic condition she won't tell me about and I haven't bothered to ask her about. In the meantime, I'm gonna continue to smoke two packs a day, though........."

I'm THIS:deal: close to calling bull**** and phoning his mom to see what I can do to help.

9. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Just like what they did with the Masons, in 1,000 years they'll make a movie about the brotherhood. It'll star Nicholas Cages ubergreat grandson, Dr. Doom Cage. It'll be loosely based on Canucktions and threads on which is the best lift kit.

CK5 - "To be one, own one." :wink1:

Glad we were able to help.:D

Al

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You're so doomed when your girls hit 13...

11. Can Can

Heehee!!! That's 2 good ones in as many nights? Are you vying for the title of CK5 Lounge Funnyman? Keep it up, brother. You're getting there faster than you think.

Watch your back, fumes............:deal:

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It'll be Romen style backstabbing I never read noob, I won't see it coming...:haha:

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We have a couple of guys in their mid twenties. One is pretty immature and misses time with a range of excuses. The other gives me some hope for the next generation. Punctual, polite, works hard, and he will listen attentively without interuption until you're done speaking...then ask intelligent questions. If I could clone him I'd take a dozen without a second thought.

I don't think it's an age thing, we recently had a guy working at our shop that was 43 and seemed to feel entitled to the top wage and the gravy jobs his first day. Expected fitted coveralls his first day among other things. Works for us for 4 days, the fifth day I see him walk into the payroll office, then out to where I was where he quits on the spot...

Rene

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Welcome to my world. The clowns have officially taken over the circus.

John

15. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

YES haaa ha ha, you dont even know.......

16. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

There are people who strive to excel and others who just ride the swell.

Be content with the fact you are a hard driver, push everyday and feel good about yourself. Never quit setting the standard.

Unless your tired and want a beer. :D

That is the only solution I've ever found to working with those less motivated.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

(gives can-can a man-hug)

there ya go buddy... its gonna be 'aight. :)

j

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hey brother, I am only 23 and work my ass off, but am surounded with ones who don't, and are slow lazy and feel that the boss who gives them money and asked them too work ows them somthing, and is an evel tyrant.

you just can never get away from it....

19. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

It's not just the 20 somethings, I have a 35 year old employee who has the worst case of intitleitis you've ever seen. He gets pissed when the other guys have a good month and says "it's not fair". This is a straight commission independent contractor position, you make your share of what business you bring in.

He actually asked me a few months ago to give him a bigger commission split since he wasn't bringing in the same amount of business as the others.:doah: I said "Let me get this straight, I pay you more per deal so that you make more for less work, but the guys that are actually paying my bills here, screw them, they don't need a higher commission 'cause they're bringing in enough work to thrive?"

This guy's 35 with an 8 year old kid and still gripes about what his parents didn't get him for Christmas or his birthday, hell his parents paid at least 3 of his mortgage payments last year and some car pmts too. Some folks just don't get it, and never will. Not at 20, 30, 50; not ever.

20. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i deal with it by working for myself not anyone else, i do what i feel is a good job, and those that matter in life will take notice

but ya it does get to be a pain in the ass picking up the slack for other people all the time