Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disc Brake Conversion Master Cylinder?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Has any changed the MC when they went to a Disc setup on a 14B FF? I was just wondering if there was one with a bigger second resevoir for the rear and gave it a better fluid flow. I have a New Booster and my MC leaks a little. Since it's gotta be change I was just wondering what's better. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i have a stock 1/2 MC on mine with discs on my 14bFF and have no complaints or problems

i have read people switching to a MC that was made for a vechicle with 4 wheel discs.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Shouldn't be any need to upgrade to anything else. The MC you got not should do just fine if everything gets bled correctly and thouroughly. My 1/2 ton MC truck has 4 wheel disc and the rears lock up before the fronts on gravel but you can't tell the difference on pavement. They are like dead nuts the same time. Everytime I want to clean out my truck I just take it down the road at about 30 and mash the brake pedal, everything is right up front on the floor all I have to do is pick it up.

4. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Everytime I want to clean out my truck I just take it down the road at about 30 and mash the brake pedal, everything is right up front on the floor all I have to do is pick it up

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

SO, I should just use a stock MC and be fine? Nothing better on the market? I'm /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifalways looking for improvements.

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I'd say try it the way it is now and when you get it all working properly then see if you like it or not. I think if I had a MC that pushed more flow out back I'd have problems with the rears applying to hard. Don't overspend see what you need first.

7. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Do what cyberfire said first try it and see what you get. Mine worked fine when I had the d44 up front but when I switched to the d60 no amout of bleeding worked. I used a 3/4 ton MC (from an 80 truck) to fix the problem as it holds more fliud than the 1/2 ton one for both the front and rear. Plus the rear is the same size as the front not smaller like the 1/2 ton is. On a side note if you do switch, the 3/4 ton switches the front with the rear as to where the lines screw in.