Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disc brake questions, 84 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

I have changed the pads on my truck over the years and I don't recall a clip on the inboard pads. Replaced them today and the old pad was worn down at an angle. The pad somehow slipped on the piston if that is possible causing the rotor to wear it down 1/4 of an inch from the top of the pad. Again, at an angle. The new pads have no clips on them for the inboard pads. Just slap them in! I suppose I'll eventually have the same problem. Where, if clips are needed can I get them? What? Do the clips snap into the piston and hold the pad in place? If so, I won't find them in Korea! Any ideas on improvising?!? Home made clip?
    Thanks!

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

yes there should be clips that clip to the back of the pad and then slide into the piston and clip in there. as to where you would find them...i really don't know other than a dealership.

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Autozone usually carries them for most cars, so they probably have some for a blazer. You might be able to order some from Autozone and maybe have them shipped.

4. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

I have been able to get them through the chevy dealer..and they were an AC Delco part....Not sure what your part availablility is.

5. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Here is a pic of the clip and how it is installed just happen to have the pads in the garage. Hope this helps ya.
    Pics Just click on view for them!

6. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Thanks All!