Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disc Brakes for 14 Bolt SF 6Lug

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1972Blazer, Jun 21, 2003.

1. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

I know someone makes the disc brake conversions for the 14 SF 6 Lug. Do you just use the 12 Bolt 6 Lug conversion parts? I want to use the same calipers that I have on the front so I have an easy time with brake parts. I found a 1992 14 Bolt SF 6Lug rear with low milage with 4.11 gears and open carrier so it will be easy to install a Detroit. I just need to find out who makes a Disc Brake Kit for this style axle. Thanks for all the help!!!

2. 1972Blazer

I have searched the archives, sent pm's to members who say they have them and searched all the sponsors who produce brake kits. I seem to be coming up empty handed, any help would be appreciated.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

http://www.tsmmfg.com/

I think those are the guys that made the kit my friend bought. They are $$$ but great quality.

4. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I used the brackets from TSM, rotors for an 88+ 1/2T chev 4xx4, calipers and flex lines for an 84 monte carlo. The whole thing went together pretty easily.

Aslo, IIRC the detroit for the SF is not like the FF. The SF has a complete replacement carrier, not the drop in style of the FF. Personally, I used a lock rite in mine. Was a simple drop in, has been there for almost 2 yrs now and I have had no problems with it.

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    The SF has a complete replacement carrier, not the drop in style of the FF

[/ QUOTE ]
    100% correct. If you want a drop in for this axle use the L-R. The Detroit drop in is the EZ, which is a piece of crap. The FF use the No-Spin.

6. 1972Blazer

Thanks alot that is great knowledge!