Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

disc brakes

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Aug 29, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

when i swap to disc brakes will my hubs fit from my drums. the front end i might get will have full time 4wd. also will i need to swap my spindles?

lastly will a one ton master cylinder fit on a 1/2 ton booster?

also will calipers off a 2 wheel drive work?

thanks

nathan

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

all you need to do is get the non locking hubs. you can get them off of any 10bolt/dana44 GM/FURD/DOGDE 4x4. i have never seen (in person) locking hubs from a drum axel. if the look the same most likely they will. what i mean is if the diameter is the same and they use the 6 hex nuts, it's more likely they will. as for the one ton booster, if it's from the same year. i would say it does. just get the brackets that it mounts on. also, calipers from a 71- ~78 D44 will fit.

ARQ.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i understood everything except for the first part. i was gonna take the break (disc) stuff of the full time axel and put it on my manualy locking hubs. they are both 6 bolt. the full time axel is a dana 44.

thanks

nathan

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

sorry, the locking hubs off of gm/ford/dodge from a d44 will interchange.
    you will practlically have to replace everthing from the backing plate out, that includes the spindle. why not swap the axel, unless it's a different gear ratio. i can only help you this much since i have not seen a drumed d44.
    anyhow, good luck with the swap. if you have more questions i'll try and help. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

ARQ.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i may do that yet. i just have no idea what gears i have. my guess would be 3 73 but i dont know. my 4 wheel drive doesnt work anyway right now. i may just do that and worry with hgears later.

thanks

nathan