Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disc conversion fit problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RodsRVF, May 20, 2005.

1. RodsRVF

RodsRVF Registered Member

I am having a problem fitting the caliper on with the pads installed. I don't know if the hubs are on all the way. The gap from the inside of the bracket to inside edge of the rotor it 7/8", is this about right? Look at the picture you can still see shiny metal on the shaft that looks like it was covered I would think by the seal before. I still have not found what the torque spec is on the hub bearing nut too. Right now the space where the outside pad would fit is 3/8" but the pad is 1/2" thick. Anyone got an idea?
    Thanks,
    Rod
    [​IMG]

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Your right. It doesn't appear to be seating on all the way. Did you replace your bearings? Makes me think the bearings are the wrong I.D. therefore not letting the hub seat as far as it needs to.

3. RodsRVF

Yes, new bearings. I got them from my local shop and the service guy in the back press out the old and pressed in the new ones for me so I did not check the numbers to see if they are were the same. Anyone have the part number of the Timken bearing for the inside to check I got the right one?
    Thanks,
    Rod

4. RodsRVF

Yes, new bearings. I got them from my local shop and the service guy in the back pressed out the old and pressed in the new ones for me so I did not check the numbers to see if they are were the same. Anyone have the part number of the Timken bearing for the inside to check I got the right one?
    Thanks,
    Rod

5. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

the inner bearing & race might not be all the way seated into the hub.

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

X2

Make sure the bearings are butted up against the c-clips.

7. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

What he said except I think he means the race should be pushed up against the clip.

8. RodsRVF

I just found out the problem. There are 2 types of races for the 14 bolt inner bearing one has a "A" and the other a "S" after the number. I had the wrong one. They are fixing it now and will have it back tomorrow. Just thought I would past it on in case anyone else is going down the same path!
    Rod