Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disconnect question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by nofeartruckin00, Mar 28, 2002.

1. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I'm sure this has been asked before, but i can't find an answer when i search. When i install my 4" lift this weekend, will i need a set of disconnects so that the sway bar will bolt up? I know they would be a nice addition, and would like to wait a month after the lift for the disconnects. So basically, will the sway bar bolt up after the lift WITHOUT the disconnects or will it be too short? Thanks for the help!

2. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I have an 89 and it bolted up fine w/o disconnects. I ran for about a year like that until I could get discos.

3. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help, appreciate it! Stephen, my credit card will be visiting you in a few weeks, lol

4. trukman1

trukman1 1/2 ton status

Wasn't too many years ago that diconnects were not even heard of. I used to wheel hard and never had a problem with a 4' lift and just bolted the disconnect back up after installation of lift. With most spring articulations it really shouldn't be a problem. Just my opinion.