Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

disconnecting the clutch interlock

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camiswelding, May 4, 2004.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

there is a clutch interlock under the dash hooked to the swing pedal... prevents you from starting the truck in gear..
    has a 12 ga yellow and 12 ga purple wire running to it... If I splice these together is that the correct way to do away with this BS goverment device... need to start in gear sometimes on the trails...
    thanks
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes, in fact, since my truck was an auto from the factory it has a piece of metal strapping going between the two terminals to short that part out of the harness.

I'd just solder/shrink tube the wires together and say bye bye to that nonsense.

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

switch disconnected itself from my clutch pedal.... so its in the permanent start position...
    rather than remove it, leave it in, security kill switch if you are going to be away for a while and dont want people taking truck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I didnt even think to use it as a hidden kill switch... nice IDEA...
    thanks

5. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

just make sure the switch is still good... mine has a bad spot it (figured that one out the hard way) virtually every time i have to mess with wires under the dash i bump it and have to reset it now
    oh, and make sure the clutch pedal cant hit it after you disconnect it... (hard way there too)